Thursday, June 26, 2014
This Bottle Was Not Marked 'Poison'
I have a few perfumes that I long to drink. They smell so delightfully edible, I have to remind myself that the taste would not be anything like the smell, and it would probably not sit well with my stomach. Just smelling them makes my mouth water. They are perfect for summer and have definitely inspired a few smoothies and cocktails that ARE safe to drink.
INCANTO DREAM by Salvatore Ferragamo (contains pineapple, mango, apple, black currant) "You would like this one, it smells like teenage girls" I teased my friend. "Mmmm, yes. It does" he inhaled, like a total perv. It has a synthetic quality like hairspray but that serves to lift the fruit juices up and keep them from being syrupy or overly sweet. Pineapple in perfumes always kind of smells like beer to me. This is refreshing but it doesn't last long so it needs to be reapplied every hour, which also reminds me of teenage girls.
JUICY GIRL by Juicy Couture (contains passionfruit, watermelon) I have received so many compliments on this one, even when I thought it had worn off. Other women especially seem to love this one on me. It reminds me of the watermelon flavored Bubblicious gum I used to buy when I was a kid. This scent was the inspiration for this post. I sprayed it on and thought "This is how I will die. Drinking fruity perfumes because I just couldn't help myself". Like a kid chewing *and swallowing* pink cubes of Bubblicious until I gave myself a tummy ache.
BELIEVE by Britney Spears (contains guava, tangerine, praline) Mmmmm, yum! This perfume is so nice. I had low expectations for it, because celebrity fragrances are rarely noteworthy. But this is fantastic. Not a kiddie scent, it's for a woman. There is enough patchouli in this to make me not want to drink it most of the time, but sometimes I get in a weird mood and wonder if patchouli would taste like absinthe. Then I remind myself not to be weird. This is what Thierry Mugler Angel could be if it weren't so god awful and full of whatever it is that stinks like the dollar store. I want another bottle of Believe. That amped up guava is really something.
LIAISONS DANGEREUSES by By Kilian (contains peach, plum, black currant, coconut) I wore this last weekend to my sister's Solstice wedding in a rooftop garden. It just screams midsummer to me. A juicy fresh salad of peaches and plums enjoyed in a rose garden on a humid afternoon. Smells like a champagne I once enjoyed at Pops in Chicago. You know, one of those cocktails that cost more than I make an hour and comes with an endangered orchid floating in the glass. I had a sample, because an actual bottle of this costs nearly $400 and is able to be locked with a key so no one can steal squirts from it. Or drink it.
OMNIA CORAL by Bulgari (contains pomegranate, goji berry) I didn't know that goji berry is also known as wolfberry. That's cool because I wore this while I was watching the movie "The Grey". There is so much pomegranate in this, some hibiscus too. It's like one of those fancy summer iced teas they offer at trendy bistros. There is a peppery phase at the drydown that makes me not want to drink it. But for the first hour or so, I feel like I'm dipped in a classy version of Hawaiian Punch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment