Sunday, June 28, 2009

Orange You Glad I Tried This?


It's not very often that I even try a men's cologne on myself. I don't fancy smelling like a guy. However, I have found some really great unisex fragrances by taking this risk. Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte is one of them. I need a full bottle of this immediately. Maybe my boyfriend and I can share it! A bit embarrassing, but I tried this because in the Gossip Girl book series (yes, I know that it's for the kids but I am a huge fan) the character of Blair Waldorf is described wearing this scent. It did not disappoint me and I can't stop sniffing my arm.

Notes: peppermint, lemon, sweet orange, mandarin, rose, neroli, jasmine, papaya, mango, patchouli, amber, musk and oakmoss.

This is a very clean scent, but not too soapy or watered down in any way. It is the perfect smell for a broiling and muggy summer day. Perfectly named, I feel as though I am standing in a Floridian grove of orange trees, the fruit just beginning to ripen in the sun. The neroli and jasmine heighten the effect of the oranges to make it a bit headier, and the bit of mint keeps everything outdoorsy feeling. On me the drydown is a strong patchouli/oakmoss combination, reminding me that this is in fact, a men's cologne, but never ruining my enjoyment of it.

I can see keeping a big bottle of Eau d'Orange Verte in the fridge every summer. I could splash it on after a long bike ride or day at the lake. Wearing this is possibly more refreshing than a Tanqueray.

No comments:

Post a Comment