
PRADA INFUSION d"IRIS
Notes: mandarin, orange blossom, iris, incense, benzoin, cedar.
Infusion d'Iris is a clean, powdery floral. The iris note is really nice, a soft dry woody iris. I didn't even think that irises had a scent until I smelled this and then my memories kicked in. There is a sharp note in the background that reminds me of pepper. The benzoin perhaps? Not sure. It brings back feelings of standing in my mother's flower garden after the rain, running through clean laundry on the line, and Johnson's baby powder.
This would be a superb fragrance for someone who worked at a job that brought them into close contact with others. It is so light and subtle, people won't think you are wearing perfume, they'll just think you smell great. I get a slight old-lady feeling from it, but let me explain that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some old ladies smell lovely, and this is one of them. Infusion d'Iris is the classy old lady who still curls her hair and polishes her nails. She may be from another era, but her femininity is timeless.
Overall, a nice fragrance but just not for me. I had to bathe in this in order to smell enough to write this review. Maybe this would be better on me if I layered it over a light musk oil to give it more depth. I'm such a tart. I always want my perfumes to speak up.

No comments:
Post a Comment