Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome


Welcome to Essences & Reveries, a new perfume blog.

I do not claim to be any sort of fragrance expert or conaisseur of perfume houses. Nor do I pretend that I can sniff a vial and identify the top, heart, and base notes of any scent.  I am not here to tell you about the latest and greatest edition on the market.  I am a person of modest income with an appreciation for perfume. I love how an aroma is closely tied in with our memory. A whiff of something wonderful in the air can instantly transport you to another era of your life. You can see the clothes you wore, hear the music and remember the laughter and tears.  I also love how the right perfume can make a woman into the person she most wants to be at that time.  There are fragrances to make you feel classy or sexy or innocent or fun or even dark.  Some women love finding one perfect scent and making it theirs. Others love to have a fragrance library to suit their every mood.

I would like for this page to be a fun place for perfume fans to share their stories and review their favorites.  I will be posting regular musings and reviews as well, please comment. 

2 comments: