Friday, June 11, 2021

Scrumptious


 
Gourmand fragrances smell good enough to eat. The notes are often things like vanilla, chocolate, coffee, honey, berries, etc. Some people feel these should only be worn in the cold months, but I disagree. You can wear anything in any weather, it all depends on the application. If you're going to wear a sweet perfume in warm weather, use a bit of restraint when spraying. You can always go back and add more but it's harder to subtract without a full shower. Let me tell you today about a handful of lesser known gourmand scents that you'll definitely want to sample. 


FROLLINO LAVANDA by Kyse Perfumes 

This is delicious. I don't really smell any lavender though, it's a buttery, salty creamy caramel to me. Really buttery actually. I can almost taste melted butter when I smell this. It makes me think of the winter holidays and the treats and warm drinks you get around that time of year.


OMNIA GREEN JADE by Bulgari

A nutty, buttery pistachio note that lasts and lasts, backed up with that very signature Bulgari woodsy musk base. This is a gourmand that does not scream gourmand. Very classy gourmand.


AMOUR DE CACAO by Comptoir Sud Pacifique 

I'm koo koo for Coco Puffs! Enough said. 


AVATAR by Hilde Soliani 

Yum yum! Ice cream. This was a sample sent to me after I purchased the custom perfume fitting from LuckyScent. I never would have thought to try this scent on my own. Now I'm going to have to get a whole bunch of other samples from Hilde Soliani because gourmands seem to be her thing. This is delectable. Like a bowl of vanilla ice cream being eaten while lounging in a fluffy bubble bath.


SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM by Montale 

A sweet, heavy powdery gourmand on my skin. Yummy and cozy, like an oversized sweater on Christmas morning, eating almond kringle and you can smell Grandpa's pipe tobacco wafting in from the porch.


CHOCOLATE GREEDY by Montale

The best, truest chocolate perfume I've had the pleasure of trying in twenty some years of being an avid perfumista explorer. Mouthwatering. Like fudgey brownie batter. This is what you recommend to someone looking for a true chocolate experience (gotta save your pennies first, it is Montale after all) Don't wear this if you're even slightly hungry or trying to diet, you will straight up chew your arm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment